How we influence far and wide
Corporate Dojo's distinctive philosophies and approach to enhancing people leadership regularly attracts the attention of key media outlets seeking an expert opinion. Here are just some of them:
Episode 38 - Working with focus and discipline
Welcome to Black Belt Leader. I’m Karen Gately, Founder of Corporate Dojo. On the show today we’ll be talking to two productivity experts who will share their insights to how we can remove distractions and ‘noise’ from our work world and operate with greater discipline and focus.
But first, let’s look at some research from the Bureau of Statistics.
· A study by Atlassian showed that, on average, employees spend an hour a day in meetings, for a total of 31 hours/month. The same study found that almost half of employees believed meetings to be the number one time-waster at work.
· A study from Florida State University found that productivity and performance of employees at work are at their peak during uninterrupted 90-minute intervals.
· The American Psychological Association reports that employees are more productive on days where they exercise before work. The study also found that physically active employees were less likely to develop job burnout and depression.
· A study from Harvard University found that companies lost almost $65B in 2019 because of employee sleep deprivation.
· A study from Gensler found that the most significant factor in workplace effectiveness is not collaboration, but rather individual focus work. It also happens to be that focus is measured as the least supported workplace activity.